What better way to move from winter to spring than heading to Augusta for the Masters.
The first golf major of the year is truly a sight to behold. The world's best players make their way down the scenic Magnolia Lane to tackle one of the world’s most famous golf courses.
From the iconic clubhouse to Butler Cabin, Augusta is as picturesque as it comes, and the eyes of the golfing world move to Georgia eager to discover who will don the Green Jacket on Sunday.
The Masters is a special tournament draped in history and this week will be no different. Many will think they have a good chance of winning, but there can only be one champion.
With rain forecasted for the weekend, it could make for an interesting event and GIVEMEBET takes a look at the main contenders and storylines that will dominate the week ahead.
- The Rory slam – Not even 30 years old and McIlroy is on the cusp of history and claiming the career grand slam. The Masters eludes him, however, and he has a chequered past at Augusta. Who can forget his 4th round meltdown in 2011, where he carded a final round 80 after going into the last round leading by 4 shots? A win at the recent Players Championship will give him confidence to forget the past and make history. McIlroy to win is 7/1 to win, or 60/1* for new customers (see offer details below)
- Battle for Number 1 – Not only is the Green Jacket at stake this weekend, but the top spot in the world rankings is also up for grabs. This week Justin Rose reclaimed the number 1 position from Dustin Johnson, who will be breathing down his neck. The former number one has been in good form recently with two top 6 finishes and a win in his last four tournaments. Justin Rose is 12/1 to win, while Dustin Johnson is 9/1 to be victorious.
- Spieth’s struggles – Jordan Spieth has suffered a remarkable drop in form, plummeting to 33 in the world rankings. The former champion has looked a fraction of his previous self and hasn’t won a ranking tournament since the British Open in 2017. Now would be a perfect time to break out of the slump and he loves Augusta, finishing in the top three 4 times in the last 5 Masters. Not to be discounted, Spieth is 20/1 to win.
- Tiger to roar back? – Love him or hate him, Tiger Woods is still one of the most polarising athletes on the planet. Many think Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 majors is out of reach, however, the owner of 4 Green Jackets and 14 major titles may think otherwise. Victory at last year’s Tour Championship shows he can still mix it with the best and is still a crowd favourite and Woods is 16/1 to get a 5th Green Jacket.
- “Moliwood” Dream Ending – A sensation at the Ryder Cup, Francesco Molinari and Tommy Fleetwood have maintained form. Winner of the British Open last year, Molinari won the Arnold Palmer already this season and was 3rd at the WGC Match Play. Fleetwood was battling at the top of the leaderboard at the Players, ending in a tie for 5th and finished a rather disappointing 24th at the Match Play. Molinari and Fleetwood are 20/1 and 25/1 respectively to finish first.
New Customer Offer: McIlroy to win the Masters – NOW 60/1
Key Terms: New customers only. Offer expires (12.00am, 12/04/19). Max stake £1. Bonus funds credited within 24 hours. Turnover requirement of 7x the bonus funds value within 30 days at the min odds of 1.6
All odds accurate at the time of publishing and are subject to fluctuation. T&C’s apply. 18+. www.begambleaware.org