The social media battle between Conor McGregor and Khabib Numagomedov has developed further over the weekend.
The two UFC fighters have been at one another ever since their fight inside the Octagon at UFC 229 came to an end last November.
Khabib came out on top that night to retain his UFC Lightweight Championship thanks to his fantastic ground game which forced McGregor to tap out to a neck crank in the fourth round of the contest.
However, despite being forced to tap out last year, Notorious is refusing to call The Eagle the best grappler in the UFC when asked if he was by a fan on Twitter.
The fan's tweet to McGregor actually praised the Irishman for having his most recent defeats in combat sports to some of the best competitors in their respective sports.
- White hasn't spoken to Lesnar about Cormier fight
- Poirier wants fight with Khabib after UFC 236 win
- McGregor claims he broke his foot weeks before Khabib loss
The fan called Khabib arguably the best ever UFC grappler, while also adding Floyd Mayweather was arguably the best boxer ever, as well stating Nate Diaz has the second highest submission rate in UFC history.
While Notorious thanked the fan for his praise, he refused to acknowledge The Eagle as the best grappler in UFC.
He said: "Thank you! However having felt it in there, I highly disagree with the “best grappler in the UFC” comment regarding Khabib.
"My solely defensive guard was not passed until round 4. I, along with my team, overrated his grappling greatly. The rematch will show all."
Khabib saw Conor's criticism and responded in a tweet of his own.
The UFC Lightweight Champion said: "You and your team never won anything since 2016. You got to get some W, and we can talk about rematch #twitterwarrior."
Both McGregor and Khabib were suspended for their involvement in the post-fight brawl following their fight at UFC 229 last year. While Notorious has now served his suspension, The Eagle's suspension isn't over until July 6.
However, the Irishman won't be first in line to face the Russian once his suspension is over.
That opportunity falls now to Dustin Poirier after he defeated Max Holloway last night at UFC 236 for the interim UFC Lightweight Championship. That fight will likely take place in September later this year.