Tyson Fury has angrily denied that he lost an amateur boxing match with Anthony Joshua’s potential opponent Michael Hunter.
The Gypsy King took to Instagram to refute The Sun’s claims that he’d lost against Hunter during the early days of their careers claiming that he 'spanked' the American.
He wrote: “I see the @thesun are at it again printing wrong information, please get your facts right before you print bull sh..!! I spanked hunter at café Royal London.
"Ask the people who were there @saundersbillyjoe @jamesdegale1. I lost 4 amateur fights hunter not 1 of them,!!!”
Hunter is looking likely to be AJ’s next opponent and spoke about his amateur fight during an interview last month.
- Roach says Joshua is the best heavyweight
- Luis Ortiz ruled out of facing Joshua
- Ben Davison pointed out Khan's flaw before fight
Although he admitted Fury won, the now 30-year-old felt he gave a good account of himself.
“I beat him damn near to death in three rounds and actually he got the victory though," he said, according to World Boxing News.
“I would have had to basically knock him outside of the ring, but I definitely thought I won that fight.”
Michael ‘The Bounty’ Hunter has lost one of his 17 professional bouts and is due to fight on May 25 but could easily become Joshua’s opponent on June 1 at Madison Square Garden if the two sides can come to a deal.
Joshua is looking for a new opponent for his fight after Jarrell Miller was denied a licence as a result of failing three drugs tests and Eddie Hearn is looking to announce someone this week.
Luis Ortiz had been seen by many as the man to replace Miller but the Cuban’s promoter has ruled that the fight will not happen and has claimed that Eddie Hearn was using ‘King Kong’ as a gimmick.
"We just received news from promoter that it's a no-go and it was all a gimmick and Hearn's low-ball offers will not be accepted," his team wrote on Instagram.
Meanwhile, Fury next steps into the ring on June 15 when he fights Tom Schawrz at the MGM grand in Las Vegas.News Now - Sport News