Hands up who’s looking forward to watching Eden Hazard at Real Madrid?
The Belgian completed a deal that could exceed £150 million to join Los Blancos in June, bringing to an end a glorious seven-year stint at Chelsea.
Hazard established himself as one of the best players in the world in those seven years, scoring 110 goals in 352 games for the Blues.
The 28-year-old will be a crucial addition to Real Madrid’s attack.
Barcelona, meanwhile, responded themselves by completing the £108m signing of Antoine Griezmann.
- Hazard pays tribute to Chelsea with new Nike boots
- Neymar tells PSG that he wants to leave
- Hazard already looks class in training for Real Madrid
Yet there are rumours that the Blaugrana could still complete a deal to sign Neymar, who has informed Paris Saint-Germain of his desire to leave the club according to Sky Sports.
Barcelona’s remaining transfer budget poses a problem - they required a £31.5m loan to help pay Griezmann’s release clause - but players could be exchanged in order to re-sign Neymar.
Hazard vs Neymar
So it calls for a comparison between Hazard and Neymar.
Career club stats
Career international stats
Neymar managed just one fewer goal than Hazard in the league despite making 20 fewer appearances, although the Belgian's contributions - with 15 assists to go with his 16 goals - were outstanding.
WhoScored gave Neymar a higher rating than Hazard - 8.26 in Ligue 1 compared to Hazard's 7.81 in the Premier League - but it's clear through their chances created that the Belgium international was so important to Chelsea last season.
Neymar completed more dribbles than Hazard did but he was also dispossessed more often, losing the ball 4.2 times per game.
- Campeonato Paulista: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Copa do Brasil: 2010
- Copa Libertadores: 2011
- Recopa Sudamericana: 2012
- La Liga: 2014–15, 2015–16
- Copa del Rey: 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- Supercopa de España: 2013
- UEFA Champions League: 2014–15
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2015
- Ligue 1: 2017–18, 2018–19
- Coupe de France: 2017–18
- Coupe de la Ligue: 2017–18
- Trophée des Champions: 2018
- FIFA Confederations Cup: 2013
- Olympic Gold Medal: 2016
- World Soccer Young Player of the Year: 2011
- FIFA Puskás Award: 2011
- FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Ball: 2013
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2017–18
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2017–18, 2018–19
- FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2015, 2017
- Ligue 1: 2010–11
- Coupe de France: 2010–11
- Premier League: 2014–15, 2016–17
- FA Cup: 2017–18
- Football League/EFL Cup: 2014–15
- UEFA Europa League: 2012–13, 2018–19
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2014–15
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2016–17
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2013–14
Right now, it's hard to say that Neymar is a better player than Hazard.
The Belgian was phenomenal for Chelsea, while Neymar had an injury-hit season for PSG.
And Hazard flourishing in the Premier League is more valuable than Neymar performing well in Ligue 1.
The easiest way to compare them? Get them both in La Liga, playing for Real Madrid and Barcelona, and see who comes out on top.News Now - Sport News