Vince McMahon 'broke an agreement' to let Dolph Ziggler leave WWE after SummerSlam

Vince McMahon and Dolph Ziggler

Dolph Ziggler has had a bit of a rough week over SummerSlam weekend in Toronto.

After weeks of mocking relics of the WWE past, Ziggler was confronted on Monday Night Raw last week by none-other than Goldberg, who signed a contract to face the Show-Off at SummerSlam, just six nights prior.

It was well rumoured that the WCW legend may return for The Biggest Party of the Summer to try and make himself look better following his Super ShowDown match with The Undertaker, and it ended up being true.

Ziggler actually got the upper hand in the opening exchanges but he was quickly put away by Goldberg, and then he returned not once, but twice to the ring after some Ziggler trash-talking on the microphone.

If that wasn't humiliating enough, Ziggler lost the night after to The Miz, and was put down again after the match after he took shots at his wrestling abilities.

There now may be a revealed reason as to why Ziggler has been seemingly humiliated multiple times.

Ziggler was defeated by The Miz on Raw and beaten up post-match once again

According to an exclusive report from Cassidy Haynes at Bodyslam, this week's Raw was supposed to be Ziggler's last with WWE.

Due to wanting to pursue 'other projects', a source told Haynes that Vince McMahon and Ziggler had a 'hand-shake deal' to let him out of his contract.

But that is apparently no longer the case, and Vince has gone back on his word and told Ziggler that he would rather pay him to stay at home.

It's being reported that Vince McMahon has gone back on a hand-shake deal to let Ziggler leave WWE

That would point towards McMahon not wanting the possibility of Ziggler being signed up by All Elite Wrestling, and it says something about how much he feels threatened by AEW that he would rather pay someone who is presumably on a big contract to not appear at all.

If we don't see Ziggler in the next few weeks, we can presume this report from Bodyslam to be true, and he's already been removed from the advertising of SmackDown's first episode on FOX in October.

News Now - Sport News