Conor McGregor's elderly victim was unable to leave his house for a week after bar incident

After a falling out in a pub in Dublin, with footage being released on August 15, Conor McGregor was seen punching an elderly man who reportedly refused a free drink of the Irishman’s own whiskey that he gave to everyone in the pub.

Offended by this man’s rejection, McGregor couldn’t handle it and lashed out at him before being restrained by someone from his entourage.

The punch has apparently left its mark on the 50-year-old Dublin resident as a close friend of his has revealed that he was unable to leave his home for a whole week after the incident due to his face being so sore from the punch.

“He was having his pint when McGregor came in and offered everyone a drink of his whiskey,” the friend told the Daily Mirror.

“Conor insisted he take it and when he refused a second time McGregor wasn’t impressed.

“Next thing he punched him in the side of the face.

“He didn’t feel the pain of it at the time, but the next day he was in bits. It was a proper hard hit.

“His face was very sore. He was very shaken by the whole thing and didn’t leave his house for days.”

The victim’s friend has recapped what exactly happened to spark the assault. He claims the gentleman was apparently minding his own business when he was sucker punched by the UFC champ.

The victim was getting ready to leave the pub when McGregor walked in and gave him a glass which he was getting ready to pour his whiskey into. He declined and that was when McGregor didn’t react too well to the rejection and hit him in the side of the head.

His friend says that the punch didn’t hurt him initially, however, it had left him with a very, very sore head which left him stuck in his home for a week after the incident.

Proof that the punch didn’t faze the 50-year-old, he apparently finished his pint before getting a taxi back home.

McGregor is to appear in court in October to face assault charges over the punch.

News Now - Sport News