Punters around the world dream of turning their pocket change into a fortune.
Accumulators work best for such an endeavour, with the unlikelihood of multiple results and other variables coinciding serving to maximise potential profit.
They’re the kind of bets that can turn £1 into £200 and are often made simply to keep things interesting as the football weekend progresses.
Few are actually expected to come off, but every now and then, there’s a very, very lucky winner.
It’s not always a complete fluke, though, as proved by one football fan who abandoned a ten-fold accumulator at just the right time this weekend.
- Lukaku's message in response to racial abuse
- Icardi agrees deadline day loan to PSG
- Check out our new GIVEMESPORT homepage
The punter wagered £5 on the following outcomes at odds on 200,000/1.
- Werder Bremen to beat Augsburg (and both teams to score)
- Torino to beat Atalanta (and both teams to score)
- Sassuolo to beat Sampdoria (and both teams to score)
- Eintracht Frankfurt to beat Fortuna Dusseldorf (and both teams to score)
- Inter Milan to beat Cagliari (and both teams to score)
- PSV to beat RKC Waalwijk (and both teams to score)
- Genoa to beat Fiorentina (and both teams to score)
- Ajax to beat Sparta Rotterdam (and both teams to score)
- Real Madrid to beat Villarreal (and both teams to score)
- Atletico Madrid to beat Eibar (and both teams to score)
Incredibly, they had correctly predicted every match up until Madrid's trip to Villarreal, which, if it went their way, would’ve triggered a £1,000,000 payout.
But after seeing Gerard Moreno’s opening goal pegged back by Gareth Bale in stoppage time of the first half, the customer took the ballsy decision to cash out.
Zinedine Zidane’s men then went 2-1 down courtesy of Moi Gomez before once again drawing level through Bale in the 86th minute.
The punter wouldn’t have won a single penny had they not bailed before the full-time whistle.
Instead, they’re now £200,000 richer.
While cashing out early has led to some horror stories in the past, this individual made it look like a stroke of genius.News Now - Sport News