Just days after her defeat in the US Open final, the multi-faceted tennis star Serena Williams switched from athlete to business mode as she debuted her latest fashion collection S by Serena.
Presented at New York Fashion Week on Tuesday in association with Klarna Style360, the Spring/Summer Collection marries work and play, a lifestyle she commits to exceptionally well.
The collection takes inspiration from the hustle of the 1990s and embraces modern-day lifestyle with staple pieces including neon trench coats, work style plaid suits and cheetah print wrap dresses.
S by Serena aims to represent, “women worldwide - unconquerable mothers, daughters, and sisters”, a theme evident in the selection of models on the runway depicting women of all colours and sizes.
Inclusivity holds great significance in this collection as the sizes range from XS up to 3X with style to suit everyone - at any age.
A striking moment from the show includes Serena walking the runway with two-year-old daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. after unveiling her collection. Serena used the moment to close the show and to echo the values of the collection, for “women who break traditions and boundaries”.
- Interview with Lucy Campbell, a six-time British Surfing Champion
- Former Lionesses coach, Mark Sampson, again accused of racism
- Jamie Chadwick to feature in first Extreme E competition
Top ten favourites from the collection:
1. Elegant Sequin Dress with High Slit.
2. Blue jumpsuit with cape
3. Silk halter dress
4. Neon Maxi Coat with Leopard Print Cowl Neck Dress
5. Plaid Suit
6. Velvet One Shoulder Dress
7. Camel Trench Coat
8. Neon Pink Two Piece
9. ’S’ Wrap Dress
10. ’S’ logo leggingsNews Now - Sport News