Megan Rapinoe and Lionel Messi were both crowned "the players of the season" at this year's The Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony, which took place at Milan's historic Teatro Alla Scala in Italy.
Messi was recognised as the player of the year for the sixth time in his career, while Rapinoe capped an impeccable season that saw her lead the USA to their second consecutive FIFA Women's World Cup title in France this summer.
The Americans' success at the World Cup also saw English-born Jill Ellis named "Women's Coach of the Year".
Dutch keeper Sari Van Veenendaal was named the maiden recipient of "The Best FIFA Goalkeeper" of the year, a new category introduced for women's football.
Thousands of football players from around the world cast their votes for this season's FIFA FIFPro World11, as well as, for the first time, for the FIFA FIFPro' Women's World11:
FIFA FIFPro' Women's World11:
- Goalkeeper: Sari van Veenendaal
- Defenders: Lucy Bronze, Nilla Fischer, Kelley' O'Hara, Wendie Renard
- Midfielders: Julie Ertz, Amandine Henry, Rose Lavelle
- Forwards: Marta, Alex Morgan, Megan Rapinoe
- Refereeing in NWSL a stark reminder of women's football
- Women across the UK turn the memory of Iranian 'Blue Girl'
- Hayley Simmonds aiming to secure Great Britain trial spot
Football fans from around the world voted for Silvia Grecco for the "FIFA Fan Award", an incredible mother who narrates the matches of Palmeiras to her blind son, Nickolas. The Brazilian's story received 58.36% of the votes.News Now - Sport News