Jarrell Miller says Anthony Joshua gets $75 million for Andy Ruiz Jr fight in Saudi Arabia

BOX-HEAVYWEIGHT-RUIZ-JOSHUA

Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller has said that Anthony Joshua will be paid a massive $75 million for his next fight when he goes up against IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr. in their rematch on December 7 in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. 

Miller has also said that he's not sure how Joshua will fare in his second fight with Ruiz, adding that he thinks there's a lot of unknowns going into the bout in terms of what will be allowed in Saudi Arabia. 

Joshua has previously been the centre of controversy surrounding a referee's decision in Cardiff, Wales in March 2018 to prevent inside fighting, which essentially gave the victory to AJ over Joseph Parker.

If a referee in Saudi Arabia decides to judge in a way which favours one fighter over the other in December, it could lead to a very difficult situation. This is something that Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn will certainly want to avoid. 

The 'Big Baby' himself was previously scheduled to face Joshua for his titles in June 2018, but prior to the fight, he tested positive for GW50156, a performance enhancing drug, which meant that the New York State Athletic Commission would not give Miller his boxing license.

He has also previously tested positive for the banned substances HGH, a growth hormone, and EPO, a drug which increases the level of oxygen-carrying red blood cells in the bloodstream. 

Miller commented, as per Boxing247: "In Saudi Arabia, what can be done, and what can be tolerated? I don't know.

"So when you hear that... and he got his a** whooped, and he's getting $75 million.

"Listen, when I beat their a**, I'm going to Saudi too. We'll see."

BOX-HEAVYWEIGHT-RUIZ-JOSHUA

With this amount of money as a base-pay, it has been suggested that Joshua may be inclined to just quit if the fight goes on for too long.

Some boxing fans believe that the Brit quit in the seventh round against Ruiz at Madison Square Garden, as he didn't come off the ropes when the referee was checking on him, and so it has been said by some that he quit in a tactical way.

The rematch is currently scheduled for December 7 in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia, so far being the only bout announced for the 'Clash on the Dunes' card. 

News Now - Sport News