Great Britain Women's coach Chema Buceta has announced his provisional 14-player squad for the FIBA Women's EuroBasket 2021 qualifiers against Poland and Belarus.
The team travel to the Polish city of Walbrzych for the opening fixture of the competition on Thursday, November 14.
They then host Belarus at the National Basketball Performance Centre in Manchester on Sunday, November 17. This is the first home game after the teams' fantastic summer where they finished fourth at 2019 FIBA Women's Eurobasket and gained a spot in the Qualifiers for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
GB go into the three-team group on a high after the record fourth-place finish at Women's EuroBasket 2019 in Latvia and Serbia with all the players who featured returning.
- The importance of England's Wembley fixture against Germany
- Olympic Boxer Nicola Adams to Hang Up Gloves
- Women’s Sports: Just how important is the Conti
Coach Buceta expects to maintain those high standards, saying: "We face the challenge of a new European campaign with humility and focus on things that we can do, fighting wisely game by game, trusting and supporting each other all the way.
"This was our strategy to be able to compete at a high level in the last EuroBasket, and this has to be again our main weapon.
"Both Poland and Belarus are countries with a strong tradition in international women basketball, and we will have to play very good defence and wise offence to be able to beat them. This is only the beginning of a new campaign, but we want to start strong to be in a good position to qualify for next EuroBasket."
Great Britain Women's squad
- Georgia Jones, Manchester Mystics
- Rachael Vanderwal, Namur, Belgium
- Eilidh Simpson, Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Stef Collins, Cardiff Met Archers
- Nicolette Fong Lyee Quee, Durham
- Johanna Leedham-Warner, OGM Orman
- Chantel Charles, Clarinos, Spain
- Temi Fagbenle, Botas, Turkey
- Cheridene Green, Gorzow, Poland
- Janice Monakana, Sevenoaks Suns
- Karlie Samuelson, Avenida, Spain
- Chantelle Handy, Castors Braine, Belgium
- Hannah Shaw, Sarcedo, Italy
- Mollie Campbell, Durham
Follow all the action on GiveMeSport social channels on the 17th of November or follow Great Britain basketball social channels or buy a ticket to go and support the ladies.News Now - Sport News