This weekend’s rematch between YouTube celebrities KSI and Logan Paul isn’t one for boxing purists.
Many have denounced the pay-per-view bout, which takes place on Saturday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, including various professional boxers.
However, there’s no denying that both KSI and Logan Paul have dedicated themselves to the sport in recent weeks and deserve at least some credit for doing so.
The headguards are off this time around and there’s plenty at stake for both men.
The weigh-in took place on Friday and both fighters came in under the 200lbs (14st 4lbs) limit.
- KSI calls for Shannon Briggs to be banned after punch
- KSI's speed in training shocks boxing fans
- KSI knocks out sparring partner in training
KSI, real name Olajide Olayinka Williams “JJ” Olatunji, weighed in at 193lbs. Logan Paul was heavier but more toned at 199lbs (or 14st 2lbs).
It’s unclear at the stage whether the winner of this fight will opt to pursue a career in boxing - or whether this will be the last the sport sees from the two YouTubers.
Logan Paul recently raised eyebrows by claiming he can become the heavyweight champion of the world if he decides to continue his boxing journey after the KSI bout.
“If I want to carry on boxing and become a champion then I don’t see why I can’t,” the 24-year-old was quoted as saying by The Sun earlier this week.
“People will just have to watch the fight on Saturday to realise I am actually a pretty good f****** boxer and I think a lot of my fans want to see me take that route.
“Fighting is fun but it is also dangerous so I just have to weigh-up the risk and reward.”
One man who knows precisely what it takes to reach the top is former world cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew.
The 36-year-old, who brought an end to his illustrious career after losing to Oleksandr Usyk this time last year, has told talkSPORT that he would be willing to fight both KSI and Logan Paul at the same time for $1 million.
Now that’s a fight we’d all love to see.
“You can’t knock it,” Bellew said about Saturday night’s rematch, “you’ve gotta give them fair play and credit for doing it.
“But to start saying it’s the future of boxing, give me a break, don’t talk nonsense…
“I’m not gonna lie to you guys, it’s probably gonna do more buys than 90 per cent of pay-per-views.
“That’s the crazy situation we’re looking it, it’s just insane.”
Billy Joe Saunders has been criticised by some for accepting a place on the undercard, but would Bellew also be prepared to play second fiddle to the YouTube stars if the money was good enough?
“For a million dollars I’ll fight the two of them at once,” he added.
It may seem that anything is possible in boxing at the moment, but Bellew’s proposal is probably too far-fetched to become a reality.
Watch this space, though…News Now - Sport News