Conor McGregor deletes tweets mocking Abubakar Nurmagomedov after defeat on UFC debut

Conor McGregor

Abubakar Nurmagomedov had a UFC debut to forget as he suffered defeat to David Zawada in Moscow.

Nurmagomedov, cousin of Khabib, was put in a triangle choke two minutes into the bout and was forced to tap out.

Khabib was present at the fight and consoled his cousin as he made his exit from the ring.

One man who was pleased to see Abubakar's loss was Conor McGregor.

Following McGregor's defeat to Khabib last year, the Irishman punched Abubakar in the ring which led to a scuffle.

Abubakar was given a one-year suspension and was making his first appearance since that was lifted.

Watch him tap out below:

Relations between the Nurmagomedov family and McGregor have remained poor ever since.

And McGregor took to Twitter to mock Abubakar after his loss with a series of posts, which have now been deleted.

"Nurmagotaptap," he wrote. "Hahahah sh**ebags.

"He tapped his forehead. If you can tap his forehead, you can punch his forehead. He quit. One quitter exposed. Abubakar Nurmagotaptap.

"A 5 second triangle hahahah. Console him, then tell him he's cut."

p1dp8mi6m6t5pmk25m9q6alpj9.jpg

McGregor just could not resist. All those tweets have since been deleted but luckily screenshots were taken.

We look forward to seeing what Khabib and Abubakar make of McGregor's tweets.

McGregor has not fought since his loss to Khabib last October but will make his return on January 18 in Las Vegas.

And Khabib recently told him what he must do if he wants a rematch.

“As for a rematch, to fight for a belt in the UFC, I remember I had something like nine or 10 fights. If he wins 10 fights in a row, then that’s completely possible,” he said, per the Independent.

News Now - Sport News