Earlier this week, it was thought Nate Diaz had confirmed his retirement from UFC and MMA with a cryptic social media post.
Following the loss to Jorge Masvidal at UFC 244 last week, Nate Diaz sent out an Instagram post on Thursday seemingly announcing his retirement from MMA.
In the post, he said: "F*** a rematch this shit was over before it started. I’m goin on out on tour. Peace out fight game."
While many assumed Diaz was announcing his retirement, Diaz has denied these reports during a recent interview with ESPN.
The Stockton Fighter said: "Who said I was retired? I'll fight tonight."
- White: Khabib vs Ferguson will take place in 2020
- Nate Diaz's 25 stitches after Jorge Masvidal loss
- McGregor deletes tweets mocking Abubakar Nurmagomedov
While Diaz has now confirmed he's still wanting to fight, it's currently unclear when he will return to the Octagon for another fight, and who it will be against.
As previously mentioned, Diaz lost via third-round doctor's stoppage to Jorge Masvidal at UFC 244 last Saturday. Due to the somewhat controversial finish, both fighters immediately campaigned for a rematch.
Diaz said after the fight: “I would love to run it back. That’s the only thing I want to do. That’s my full attention now. But I can already see the f**kery coming. I know how this game works.
“I give all the rematches and make a name for these people. I believe I was responsible for this whole s*it. I brought the president, straight up. I didn’t see no president going to know title fights.
"I believe it’s fair. Hopefully, they don’t throw a bunch of money and clout Jorge’s way to be like, ‘Let’s do something else.’”
Sure enough, exactly what he predicted did happen, as at the postfight news conference, UFC president Dana White said he did not have his eyes on a rematch between Diaz and Masvidal.
While his future plans are still unclear, Diaz did say before UFC 244 that he would never call it quits on the fight game.
"I'll fight forever. I'm never going to retire, that's for sure."News Now - Sport News