Spoken of by many as one of the best sports commentators in the business, Mauro Ranallo made his way onto WWE programming in 2016.
Whilst dividing opinion amongst fans, the Canadian is extremely popular for his dramatic style of commentary and his use of pop culture references in his work.
Unfortunately though, issued have plagued him throughout his time with the company, and they're through no fault of his own.
In 2017, Ranallo did not appear on SmackDown for several weeks, with claims that Hall of Famer and fellow commentator John Bradshaw Layfield had been bullying him.
Ranallo was diagnosed with bipolar disorder as a teenager and his mental health was reportedly the reason for missing the shows, and in April 2017 he agreed to part ways with WWE.
- Fury says he could beat Lesnar in 30 seconds in a real fight
- Opinion: Why Owens should win the 2020 Royal Rumble
- WWE 'want CM Punk on Stone Cold's WWE Network show'
He was back a couple of months later though as the lead announcer for the NXT brand, and everything has seemed fine and dandy - up until this past weekend.
Mauro was noticeably absent from the Survivor Series broadcast, and some WWE fans knew exactly why and they weren't believing Michael Cole's 'illness' explanation at all.
During the NXT TakeOver: WarGames broadcast on Saturday night, SmackDown commentator Corey Graves directed a critical tweet towards Ranallo, where he accused him of hogging the limelight and not allowing Beth Phoenix and Nigel McGuinness to do their jobs.
After being slammed by a lot of WWE fans for his comments, especially about a person who has in the past become upset about a colleague's criticisms of him, Graves didn't back down and hinted that what he was saying was 'the truth'.
Graves continued to absolve himself of any responsibility despite the fan backlash, even after everyone realised Graves' tweets were the reason that Ranallo did not appear at Survivor Series.
Finally though, Graves has apologised without directly naming Ranallo on WWE's After The Bell podcast, and said that his initial tweet was only made to 'stir up a little bit of controversy'.
Graves also noted that he would never 'cause a co-worker undue stress' or disparage anyone, but that's exactly how Ranallo has taken it, as it has been reported that he will not be working NXT tonight.
The last time something like this happened, Mauro disappeared from SmackDown for a month before leaving the company, but let's hope this time that things can be taken forward now that Graves has issued an apology.News Now - Sport News