The draw for the FA Cup quarter-finals has been made. These are the four fixtures:
- Sheffield United vs Arsenal
- Newcastle United vs Manchester City
- Tottenham or Norwich City vs Derby County or Manchester United
- Leicester City vs Chelsea
The ties are currently scheduled for the weekend of Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22.
There are some big hitters in amongst it. Manchester City will likely be the favourites to win the competition as they look to defend their trophy.
Pep Guardiola’s side beat Sheffield Wednesday to reach the last eight and have been rewarded with a trip to Newcastle.
Chelsea will also be backed to go the distance after knocking out Premier League leaders Liverpool on Tuesday night but face a tough test against Leicester.
Willian and Ross Barkley scored the goals for Frank Lampard’s side and ended any hopes the Reds had for a treble.
Elsewhere, Derby County are the lowest-ranked side in the quarter-finals, but they might not even get there.
The Championship outfit face Manchester United on Thursday night for a chance to visit Spurs or Norwich.
Should they be knocked out, it will be an all-Premier League last eight and that hasn’t happened for a number of years.
The top five have also been kept apart, meaning we could have some very tasty semi-final fixtures.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves! The quarter-finals will be must-watch and it’s not out of the question to suggest that the FA Cup really is anyone’s to win now.
- Man Utd’s potential line-up for next season is class
- Wayne Rooney’s comments about Cristiano Ronaldo in 2006 revealed
- Jurgen Klopp blames FA Cup ball for Adrian’s howler vs Chelsea