It’s easy to forget that Liverpool are on the brink of their first ever Premier League title considering the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic.
Jurgen Klopp’s side only needed two more wins to guarantee glory before the global virus postponed football in England – and the rest of the world.
Will they ever get the chance to get those two precious wins? Time will tell.
There are bigger things at stake than a Premier League crown right now but Liverpool supporters probably need cheering up considering they could be denied of the one thing they’ve wanted more than anything else in the last 30 years.
However, a video has emerged on social media that won’t help their mood.
In fact, a series of three videos shows a compilation of ‘what could have been’ moments for Liverpool in recent years.
It includes ‘almost’ amazing goals or moments in big matches where they narrowly missed.
Here are just some examples that we spotted in the three videos:
- Steven Gerrard’s left-foot hook vs Norwich
- Jodan Ibe’s screamer vs Everton
- John Arne Riise’s piledriver vs Chelsea
- Luis Suarez’s volley vs Arsenal
- Daniel Sturridge’s curler vs Watford
- Luis Suarez’s individual effort vs Arsenal
- Sadio Mane hitting the post in Kiev
- Mohamed Sissoko hitting the bar vs Barcelona
- John Arne Riise’s volley vs Tottenham
- Mohamed Salah’s back-heel vs Southampton
- Charlie Adam’s long-range shot vs Arsenal
- Lazar Markovic’s half-volley vs Sunderland
- Jamie Carragher’s screamer in his final game
- Xabi Alonso’ shot from his own-half vs Real Madrid
If just one of those efforts had gone in, it would have been incredible.
- Steven Gerrard’s highlights from the 2005 Champions League final
- Liverpool’s James Milner has uploaded a brilliant video of his ‘#isolationXI’
- What a table would currently look like if Europe’s top five leagues were merged