WBO and WBC interim featherweight titleholder Amanda Serrano claims her fight against undisputed world lightweight champion Katie Taylor has been postponed due to the COVID19 hiatus.
The fight against Taylor was due to take place on the undercard of Dillian Whyte v Alexander Povetkin at the Manchester Arena on the May 2.
In a twitter post, Serrano confirmed;
"To all my fans that keep asking me - Yes, my May 2 fight has been postponed, new date to be announced soon," Serrano said on Twitter. There has been no confirmation from Taylor or promoter Eddie Hearn.
"It has nothing to do with myself or my opponent. Everyone knows the critical crisis we are in," added the 31-year-old, who has won world titles in seven weight divisions.
"This Covid-19 is serious. Please be safe out there. God bless us all."
Taylor is unbeaten in all 15 of her professional fights since turning professional in 2016, and she was due to put her undisputed lightweight crown on the line.
Promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed last week that they had contingencies in place for his May cards, which could see them moved to June. The Matchroom Boxing boss is due to make an official announcement on Monday.
Taylor was eager to tell her fans about the importance of social distancing at this time last week.
"In boxing controlling the space and distance to your opponent is one of the keys to victory," Taylor tweeted.
"Now to keep the COVID-19 virus at bay, it's vital we all practice social distancing to help flatten the curve and protect ourselves and our loved ones. We are all in this fight together."
Story developing with the announcement from Ellie Hearn on Monday.
- Housby says sportswomen need to accept more criticism
- Two England Cricketers stranded in Australia due to coronavirus
- Madison Keys is raising money for coronavirus relief