In a time of uncertainty, Barclay's has stepped up to sponsor series three of The Game Changers podcast. After an incredible year of Women's sports globally, this is excellent news.
The Game Changers podcast is a highly acclaimed show featuring extraordinary women in sport. Ranked as iTunes number one 'new and noteworthy' sports podcast for weeks last summer, The Game Changers features some trailblazing women who are knocking down barriers for women and girls everywhere.
High profile guests in the previous series include Denise Lewis OBE, Baroness Tanni Grey Thompson, Chrissie Wellington OBE, Lauren Steadman, Clare Balding OBE and Dame Katherine Grainger.
Last year, Barclays announced the biggest ever sponsorship of women's sport in the UK, as the Barclays FA Women's Super League became Europe's first entirely professional women's football league.
Along with this ground-breaking support for professional women's sport, Barclays also invested in establishing the Girls' Football School Partnerships, in ensuring all girls in England have equal access to football in schools by 2024.
The new Barclays series launches on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, and will feature:
- Kelly Smith MBE - one of the greatest-ever female players and England Women's record goalscorer
- Jacqui Oatley MBE - leading sports broadcaster and the first woman to commentate on BBC's Match of the Day
- Dame Sue Campbell - Director of Women's Football at The FA
- Jo Tongue – Football agent, Director of Women in Football and a tireless campaigner for equality in sport and the media
- Maggie Murphy – General Manager at Lewes FC, the first football club in the world to pay it's male and female players equally
- Casey Stoney - Former England captain with over 100 caps, now Manager of Manchester Utd Women
- Kelly Simmons - Director of the Women's Professional Game at The FA
- Hope Powell - Trailblazing former England Women's Football manager and the first woman to be awarded a UEFA Pro License
Tom Corbett, Barclays' Group Head of Sponsorships and Media, said:
"We are so proud to be supporting this fantastic podcast series which features eight incredible women in football and reinforces our massive commitment to the beautiful game.
"We're working hard with the FA to ensure that girls have the same opportunities in football as boys, and I know this is certainly something that's very close to the hearts of all the women featured in this series."
The Game Changers is hosted by Sue Anstiss MBE, a founding trustee of the Women's Sport Trust charity and the founder and CEO of Promote PR.
Commenting on the launch of the third series, Sue says:
"This all started as a bit of a passion project for me - hoping to play my own part in raising the profile of women's sport by highlighting these amazing stories. It's rapidly grown into something much bigger, reflecting the demand for more stories of women in sport.
"I'm so grateful to Barclays for commissioning this special series on women in football. There are so many extraordinary women working in the sport – it was tough to identify just eight.
"I've been overwhelmed by the willingness of these brilliant women to share their stories and inspire others.
It's no wonder they are all trailblazers in women's football, whether that's breaking records and winning trophies or transforming the way women's football is accessed, managed, funded and portrayed."
The Game Changers is free to download wherever you stream podcasts including iTunes, Spotify, ACast and Libsyn.
- Wimbledon likely to be cancelled for the first time since WWII
- In a significant move, VISA extends athletes sponsorship to 2021
- FA Women's Super League to be completed by August