AJ Styles is set to return on next week’s Monday Night RAW.
The Phenomenal One has been absent since he was buried alive by The Undertaker during their Boneyard Match at WrestleMania 36.
But according to John Pollock of POST Wrestling, his hiatus will end ahead of the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.
Styles is expected to be involved in next Sunday’s show and although his role is not yet confirmed, there’s obvious speculation that WWE could put him in the Last Chance Gauntlet Match.
A number of superstars will compete for the final spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match after Apollo Crews was pulled due to injury.
The former WWE Champion would be an interesting addition to the field, which has already seen Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Aleister Black, Baron Corbin and Otis qualify.
Styles hasn’t been seen on television since the first night of WrestleMania 36, which aired on April 5.
While AJ was away, his OC partners Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows were among the superstars cut by WWE in April due to the coronavirus pandemic.
That means the Phenomenal One will be returning to RAW without any backup. Check out the card for Monday’s show, per Wrestling Inc, below:
- AJ Styles returns (not yet announced by WWE)
- Brendan Vink and Shane Thorne with MVP vs. Ricochet and Cedric Alexander
- WWE Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Murphy in a non-title match
- RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits vs. The Viking Raiders in a non-title match
- Last Chance Gauntlet Match to determine Apollo Crews’ replacement for the MITB Ladder Match
This will be RAW’s ‘go-home show’ before Money in the Bank, which takes place at WWE’s HQ in Stamford for the first time ever.
It was also confirmed on last night’s SmackDown that the men’s and women’s matches will start at the same time, giving the PPV a very unique feel.
- Fans will be allowed into WWE PC from next week
- Roman Reigns & Becky Lynch have offers from Hollywood
- Vince McMahon open to selling WWE