Hafthor Bjornsson has been voted as favourite in fight with Eddie 'The Beast' Hall

Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (Thor) “The Mountain” and Fitness Expert Natalie Eva Marie Launch Monster Energy’s REIGN Total Body Fuel

Hafthor Bjornsson vs Eddie Hall promises to be the heaviest boxing match in history.

After Bjornsson, otherwise known as 'The Mountain', claimed to have surpassed Hall's deadlift world record in lockdown, the two former World's Strongest Man competitors returned to their dispute.

The Icelander poked the hornet's nest by declaring: "So Eddie, I just knocked out your record. And now I’m ready to knock you out in the ring."

But Hall - who famously beat Bjornsson at the 2017 World's Strongest Man finals - hasn't backed down from the challenge, publicly accepting the fight and casting doubt over his rival's 501kg lift.

“1,000 per cent I’m going to sign those papers," Hall declared on Facebook. “And you know why I’m going to sign those papers… it’s not the money, it’s not the dead lift feud we’ve got going on, nothing to do with that.

The heaviest fight in boxing

“It’s because you called me a cheat at World’s Strongest Man 2017. I can’t put that to bed, I can’t forget it. People may forget it, but you’ve never apologised."

And things seem to have escalated in the last 24 hours because Bjornsson posted on his official Instagram page that the event, run by CoreSports, has been confirmed for September 2021.

The Game of Thrones star wrote: "It’s official. September 2021 in Las Vegas Nevada, the Mountain vs the Beast. The next year and a half of my career will be solely dedicated towards this fight.

"I can’t wait to have my family ringside as I throw down. I’m coming for you @eddiehallwsm."

p1e7ipe3ko1oh3irk54248moe1b.jpg

Who would win in a fight?

It might be more than 16 months away, but it's hard not to get excited about the prospect of two real-life Goliaths who can lift a metric tonne between them slugging it out in a boxing ring.

So, here at GIVEMESPORT, we decided to test the waters by our readers whether they think 'The Beast' or 'The Mountain' would be victorious if the event actually goes ahead.

Well, the results are certainly fascinating with 62% of the 89,900 voters opining that Bjornsson will come out on top and the remaining 38% showing their support for Hall.

Bjornsson's superior height could definitely be a factor in the fight, as well as the reason for more fans backing him, but there's really no way of making a sound prediction at this stage. 

p1e7ipgeuq11jfj1d1ei8dc1sm7d.jpg

It remains to be seen how proficient either man would be amongst the sweet science of boxing and a 2012 charity bout from Hall is just about the only evidence we have.

Don't expect too much in the many of boxing skills from either men, but there's no denying that a punch coming from arms that can lift 500kg is going to cause some serious, serious damage.

News Now - Sport News