Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian has opened the door for a summer move to England after welcoming interest from his Barclays Premier League suitors.
The 22-year-old Brazilian has been in sensational form for the Ukraine based team this campaign, with some of his finest performances coming in this season’s Champions League.
The Daily Mail reported last week that Liverpool have already registered their interest in the £22million-rated attacker and the Anfield club are considering making a formal move when the transfer window reopens.
Reds manager Kenny Dalglish has also reportedly dispatched Liverpool scouts to watch Willian at close quarters on Wednesday when Shakhtar take on Bacelona at the Nou Camp in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final tie.
Barcelona are also said to be firm admirers of Willian's talent, but it is Chelsea who now appear to be the frontrunners for the highly coveted player’s signature following his positive response to the Blues interest.
Speaking to R7, Willian said, "[Chelsea's interest] makes me happy, but there is nothing concrete as yet. There is no offer.
"It makes me happy, though, because it means my efforts are receiving recognition. There are some Brazilians there and they have great players. Chelsea are a big club in England."
Having joined Shakhtar from Brazilian side Corinthians for around €19million back in 2007, Willian has seen his stock rise even further.
Sport.co.uk reports how Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is tipped to continue his revamp of the Blues squad in the summer with the report intimating that he is weighing up a £25million offer for the talented attacking midfielder who can play on either flank, and is prepared to fight Liverpool all the way for his signature.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms