Newcastle United will be back in action next week.
That’s right, it’s really happening; the Premier League is coming back and will soon be on our screens!
The Magpies will take on Sheffield United on Sunday the 21st of this month, kicking off at 2pm, as they look to take a scalp from Chris Wilder’s men, who are pushing for European qualification after a stunning campaign.
Of course, one has to think that the takeover will remain up in the air even at that point, but
GIVEMESPORT has taken a look at the headlines surrounding the club.
Take a look at the best picks below!
Andy Carroll pay cut
Away from the takeover, Andy Carroll has been tipped to take a huge pay cut if he is to stay at Newcastle.
The Athletic has previously reported that the Magpies are in talks with the former Liverpool striker over a contract extension, given that his current deal expires at the end of the season.
And Kevin Phillips, speaking to Football Insider, believes Carroll will be willing to drop his wages in order to stay at St James’ Park.
He said: “There is a player there that loves the football club.
“The contract will not be near what he was on and he is a useful tool when you can keep him fit.
“He has showed in glimpses this season that he is a handful but you always run the risk of losing him for a period through injury. It is a slight gamble but one that I would be willing to take because he loves the football club.
“He does not mean to get injured and off the bench he is a useful player.”
Mike Ashley is said to be frustrated by a lack of progress in the drawn out takeover of Newcastle United.
First of all, join the club, mate.
Now, looking at the Chronicle Live report, they claim that American TV mogul Henry Mauriss is essentially lurking in the background as talks continue between the Saudi Arabia-backed Public Investment Fund and Ashley.
Mauriss is said to have discussed a possible bid with Ashley’s representatives though there have been no concrete proposals.
Ashley is likely to be in charge when Newcastle take on the Blades next week, unfortunately for Magpies supporters.
Barcelona are willing to cover a portion of Philippe Coutinho’s wages in order to facilitate a move for him this summer, per The Daily Telegraph.
The Brazil international earns more than £200,000-per-week at Camp Nou and Barca are aware that it is likely to be difficult for any buying club to be able to pay that in a post COVID-19 transfer window.
He spent six years with Liverpool and is being monitored by a number of English clubs; Newcastle have been credited with an interest, should the takeover go through.
Barca are willing to let Coutinho leave on loan once he returns from Bayern Munich, should the deal be right, though they would also be open to a permanent sale.
- Spurs are tracking a wonderkid!
- Euro 2020 should be starting today!
- Spurs could have signed Virgil van Dijk!