Tottenham have already made an offer for Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.
That's according to journalist Duncan Castles who revealed the news on The Transfer Window Podcast.
He said: "They [Southampton], I'm told, have three offers so far for the player, none of them are satisfactory, one extremely low at a financial level, and they have an offer of cash plus players in exchange, which I understand has come from Tottenham Hotspur."
Hojbjerg's potential move to Spurs is becoming somewhat of a saga with links to the player emerging in recent weeks.
Speculation then ramped up after the Saints stripped him of the captaincy in the last few days.
It's unknown who the other offers are from but Everton have also been credited with an interest in the 24-year-old.
Hojbjerg has been quoted at £35m, per a report from The Times.
GIVEMESPORT'S Matt Dawson says...
If Spurs have indeed made a bid for the Dane, then it could spell incredibly bad news for Tanguy Ndombele.
The French midfielder was left out of the starting XI to face Manchester United on Friday evening, continuing a run of difficult times.
Ndombele has been in and out of the side this season, playing just 45 minutes against Burnley and failing to start against Wolves and Manchester City.
A groin injury didn't help his cause at the start of the calendar year but his irregular game time is clearly evidence that Jose Mourinho doesn't trust him too much.
Thus, Tottenham are in the market for another defensive-minded player in Hojbjerg. Comparing the two, the Denmark international has made more tackles and interceptions per game than Ndombele. He's also been a bigger aerial presence with 1.8 duels won per match.
Hojbjerg knows how to be aggressive in the tackle and his experience of playing for Bayern Munich previously should stand him in good stead when playing to high expectations.
- Tottenham urged to sign two Leicester players
- Harry Winks savaged by Roy Keane
- Bergwijn maintains excellent record