Jurgen Klopp and his Liverpool players could sit back and watch as the Premier League title was handed to them.
Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Manchester City brought an end to the Reds’ 30-year wait to become champions of England.
From the 4-1 win over Norwich City on the opening day of the season to the 4-0 win against Crystal Palace that put them on the brink of the title, there have been many memorable moments.
Now, we’ve decided to rank all 31 games that Liverpool have played from worst to best, taken into account the importance of the game, how Klopp’s team played and the opposition.
Let’s get into it.
31. Watford 3-0 Liverpool | February 29, 2020
Liverpool’s only defeat of the season.
Their attempt to go the whole campaign unbeaten came to a crashing end at Vicarage Road.
30. Everton 0-0 Liverpool | June 21, 2020
This goalless Merseyside derby was even more disappointing as a result of the lack of fans in attendance.
29. Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool | October 20, 2019
Adam Lallana scored an equaliser in the 85th minute as Liverpool dropped points for the first time in the campaign.
Liverpool weren’t at their best and a point was the most they could have asked for.
28. Liverpool 2-1 Bournemouth | March 7, 2020
The Reds had to come from behind to beat Bournemouth 2-1 at Anfield.
27. Liverpool 3-2 West Ham United | February 24, 2020
Liverpool equalled the English top-flight record of 18 successive wins when they defeated West Ham in February, but this wasn’t a scintillating display.
They trailed 2-1 at one point and needed a winner from Sadio Mane with 10 minutes to go to seal all three points.
26. Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion | November 30, 2019
Alisson Becker was sent off and Liverpool survived a late scare to hang on against Brighton.
25. Norwich City 0-1 Liverpool | February 15, 2020
Liverpool showed their mental toughness with a 1-0 win against Norwich at Carrow Road.
It wasn’t pretty but Klopp’s side got the job done thanks to Mane’s goal with 12 minutes remaining.
24. Southampton 1-2 Liverpool | August 17, 2019
In the second game of the season, Klopp’s side came away from St Mary’s victorious despite Adrian’s late howler.
23. Liverpool 2-0 Watford | December 14, 2019
Mohamed Salah scored twice in a win against strugglers Watford.
The Reds were made to work for their win, though, with Alisson Becker called into action and Ismaila Sarr wasting a huge chance for the visitors.
22. Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United | September 14, 2019
Liverpool made it five wins from their first five matches thanks to Mane’s brace and a Salah goal.
21. West Ham United 0-2 Liverpool | January 29, 2020
Salah and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain were on the scoresheet in a routine win.News Now - Sport News