Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo both reminded us of their incredible quality on Tuesday night.
Barcelona's superstar scored the 700th goal of his career against Atletico Madrid with a cheeky Panenka penalty, while CR7 fired in a screamer during Juventus' win vs Genoa.
Even though both footballers continue to produce their moments of magic on a regular basis, that won't stop fans arguing over them.
On Wednesday, Piers Morgan reignited the famous debate, by quote tweeting footage of Ronaldo's goal and claiming Messi simply 'can't do it'.
His replies were quickly full of people arguing one way or the other and even the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Gary Lineker and Jay Bothroyd got involved.
While Morgan suggests Messi can't score goals like Ronaldo, one fan decided to take the debate the other way.
Twitter user @LFCrezz has created a thread titled: '10 impossible goals scored by Lionel Messi that Cristiano Ronaldo will never ever score'. The goals included are:
- 10. Messi vs Sevilla 2011/12
- 9. Messi vs Athletic Bilbao 2012/13
- 8. Messi vs Athletic Bilbao 2014/15
- 7. Messi vs Real Madrid 2010/11
- 6. Messi vs Zaragoza 2009/10
- 5. Messi vs Valencia 2009/10
- 4. Messi vs Getafe 2013/14
- 3. Messi vs Bayern Munich 2014/15
- 2. Messi vs Eibar 2016/17
- 1. Messi vs Getafe 2006/07
Check out the thread below (you can see all the goals by clicking on the first tweet):
Someone better show Piers Morgan!
In all seriousness, the two superstars usually do score different types of goals and that's absolutely fine because both are clinical in their own way.
Tuesday night proved that.
But with Ronaldo now 35 and Messi 33, they won't be at the very top for much longer. So let's just appreciate them both while we can!
- Messi scores 700th career goal vs Atletico
- Ronaldo scores screamer for Juventus
- Bruno Fernandes' incredible Man Utd stats