Premier League not satisfied with Newcastle takeover

Bruce

Newcastle were brought back down to earth in spectacular fashion on Wednesday evening.

The Magpies were dismantled by Manchester City, showing the gulf in class between one side who are under Middle-East influence and one that isn't yet at that stage.

Providing their takeover goes through, they will soon realise what the power of that part of the world can do. Though, until then, Newcastle are working under their normal budgets.

If PIF does finally walk through the door then presumably their transfer budget will increase significantly.

That remains a distant dream at the moment, however. Piracy has had a huge hand in delaying the takeover and unfortunately, no resolution looks in sight.

The Premier League are trying to wrap up a TV deal with Saudi Arabia but discussions don't look as though they've been productive. 

That's according to journalist Mark Douglas who offered a new claim on matters on Wednesday afternoon.

Salman

The reporter was speaking on the latest episode of the Everything is Black & White Podcast, detailing an update on the takeover.

Unfortunately, Douglas didn't have positive news for the Toon Army.

He said:

"There is no word from either side on a massive breakthrough yet, they haven't had the green light. It's obvious to me, reading between the lines, that as of yet the Premier League are not satisfied with the answers, they're not satisfied with the resolution that they're getting on the piracy.

"They probably want to see a little bit more from Saudi Arabia or they want to get more assurances from Saudi Arabia around piracy. But I would say that the fact that it hasn't been rejected yet and still dialogue is ongoing. To me, it suggests that they are working to get this deal over the line.

"There's obviously an interest to get it done, or they want to get it done in the right way for the Premier League."

Ashley

GIVEMESPORT'S Matt Dawson says...

Richard Masters declared on Tuesday last week that a resolution between the Premier League and Saudi was close.

Though, over a week on and they still aren't satisfied with the answers they're being given in response to piracy.

The legality of broadcasts has been the largest issue in holding the deal up but this isn't new information, this has been going on for months.

Newcastle against Ashley

Though, it could have been solved over a year ago.

According to Matt Slater, investigative reporter for the Athletic, the top-flight begun lobbying the British government to check out Saudi 12 months ago.

It's baffling that it's taken this long for things to be thoroughly investigated. 

Life really is never simple at Newcastle United.

News Now - Sport News