Possible Newcastle takeover date revealed

Bruce

Newcastle's takeover is now on the verge of being four months in the works without Mike Ashley departing.

For 16 weeks we are yet to receive an answer on whether PIF can finally move in.

It's an incredibly frustrating situation, not just for the Saudi's involved in purchasing a stake, but also the supporters, players and coaches.

PIF's £300m bid is still rather on the rocks with piracy and Saudi Arabia's human rights record wreaking havoc with proceedings.

A TV deal has been rumoured to be on the cards with Premier League chief Richard Masters revealing a solution to the issue was close over a week ago.

Rather unsurprisingly, though, we have heard nothing from the chief since he was grilled by members of parliament on 30th June.

With piracy in the Middle-East now a year-long issue, it's been suggested Masters would be seen as a hero if he could finally resolve it.

MBS

Though, all the Toon Army will care about is when the takeover can finally go through.

Journalist Mark Douglas revealed earlier this week on the latest episode of the Everything is Black & White podcast that proceedings wouldn't be wrapped up until the middle of June at the earliest or even July.

That period of time has now become even greater.

Writing after Newcastle lost to Watford on Saturday afternoon, Douglas provided a new date on when Mohammed Bin Salman could become the Magpies' owner.

He said: 

"With the Premier League's owners and directors tests still ongoing, it means further delays in the process. Even after approval is granted, it could be a few days before a money transfer is completed and the change in ownership is made official - raising the possibility of the whole saga moving towards the end of July or even August." 

Worrying news indeed.

Saudi

GIVEMESPORT'S Matt Dawson says...

With the next Premier League campaign set to commence in September, Newcastle could be left with a worrying amount of time to address everything if the takeover isn't completed until early August.

Not just do the Magpies need to address the squad, whether it be incomings or departures, but they also need to sort out Steve Bruce and their sponsorship deals.

The club's current agreement with FUN88 expires in the coming weeks and no decision has been taken on a new sponsor. It's thought the Saudi's could want to bring in their own if they finally seize control of Newcastle.

Bruce

Journalist Luke Edwards has claimed that the recruitment team are already working on deals to bring two new players to the North-East and with no sign of PIF arriving anytime soon, they'll have to just get on with things.

It's a rather unhealthy situation.

News Now - Sport News