Newcastle's takeover is very much up in the air at the moment.
If and when the Saudi Prince Investment Fund get the chance to walk through the doors of St James' Park for the first time remains to be seen.
It could be this week, or it might not be for another fortnight. Either way, this saga has to come to an end one way or another.
After all, it's beginning to have a rather negative impact on Steve Bruce and his players.
At one point, the Magpies looked on the up, beating Sheffield United 3-0.
However, they have suffered defeats to Manchester City and Watford since. Clearly, if PIF want to keep Bruce at the club, he'll have to do more.
Despite being nominated for June's Manager of the Month award, his questionable team selection and tactics last weekend left a lot to be desired.
However, good news could finally be on the horizon.
After the trials and tribulations of the takeover, we're finally reaching a conclusion.
Premier League chief Richard Masters said two weeks ago that a resolution was close, and it appears as though he was right.
Speaking about the proposed takeover, beIN Sport's presenter Richard Keys wrote on his blog:
"Any day now the PL will nod through the Saudi bid for Newcastle. This is not for the Newcastle Chronicle because they promised some time ago not to quote me - but I’m told it’ll happen Friday."
GIVEMESPORT'S Matt Dawson says...
It's important not to take this message from Keys as gospel.
Time and time again we've told the takeover could be happening "soon" but it's never fully materialised.
The presenter is likely to be well connected to those at the heart of the deal, however.
Living in Saudi and working for beIN, the channel at the heart of Middle East piracy, he will probably know more than most about when things could go through.
It will hardly come as a surprise though if it does indeed get signed off and concluded by the end of the week.
Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom agreed to trade arms last week while KSA also brought in new measures to protect intellectual property.
That final decision should have delighted the Premier League, an organisation who have had their product stolen from them in the Middle East.
It feels like Masters and the top-flight have been doing their utmost best to pass things but ultimately, they looked to have ended a years-long issue. In the process, it could allow Newcastle to have an even brighter future.
This is good for all parties.
- The latest word from the consortium on the takeover
- Positive takeover update provided
- Premier League urged to block PIF's advances