You can only imagine how frustrated the Newcastle United fans are.
It's been more than three months since the prospect of a £300million deal to purchase the club was officially revealed.
Since then, supporters have been waiting with bated breath.
Amanda Staveley is the main figure in the Saudi-backed consortium who are hoping to purchase the club, but the acquisition has proved to be anything other than straight forward.
The Premier League are currently running the rule of the investors to see that they match the requirements of a club owner in the Premier League, but issues such as piracy and human rights violations are only the start of the uncertainty over their credibility.
Meanwhile supporters continue to be at the end of their tether with current owner Mike Ashley, and will do just about anything to get rid of the Sports Direct mogul.
But with speculation mounting regarding the status of the takeover bid made by the Saudi-based consortium, some supporters are questioning what will happen if the Premier League reject their bid to take over the club.
Discussing the delay to the takeover decision, Mark Douglas of Chronicle Live believes that it's in everyone's best interest to get a deal done so that the club can move on from a period of such uncertainty.
Speaking on the Everything Is Black and White Podcast, Douglas said: "Get this season finished and then hopefully get a takeover and start to look at a whole new era.
"While we’re waiting for it [the takeover], I think it’s going to feel a bit like today [Saturday] which is deeply, deeply unsatisfactory especially if they lose like they did today.
“It’s a very strange situation with Newcastle at the moment. I think we all expected it to have been done by now this takeover.”
GIVEMESPORT'S Phil Spencer says...
You've got to feel sorry for the Newcastle United supporters.
The club is the heart and soul of the community on Tyneside and fans just want an answer - and rightly so.
Mike Ashley is a universally unpopular figure in the North East and so it's no surprise that so many are keen to see the back of him.
However with plenty of controversy surrounding the potential investors, there's plenty to consider.
It's the right thing for the Premier League to do as they do a thorough examination of the key figures in the Saudi-based consortium, but surely a decision must be close.
If it's not, then I think it's key that the Premier League make their concerns public as transparency has to be key in this situation.
Otherwise I think supporters will continue to be hugely frustrated until a decision.
- Newcastle' remaining games won't impact takeover
- Prospective Newcastle owners plot £90m landmark deal
- Newcastle United close in on Danny Rose