Supporters continue to face an anxious wait as a decision over Newcastle United's takeover.
News broke over three months ago about a prospective £300million deal to buy the club, meaning that the fans have been on tenterhooks ever since.
Amanda Staveley is the figurehead of the Saudi-backed consortium who are said to be leading the charge for the club, with just one final test standing in their way.
The club are currently waiting on a verdict from the Premier League as to whether the £300million deal can go ahead.
There's been plenty of speculation as to why such a delay has occurred, with issues such as human rights violations and piracy both being investigated amid the interest from Saudi Arabia.
That has led to a lengthy delay from the Premier League as they investigate the latest goings on.
To say that supporters are growing weary of the wait is an understatement.
Richard Keys had previously claimed that the takeover would be completed today, however according to George Caulkin of The Athletic, it's impossible to put a timeframe on the saga.
Speaking on the Pod On The Tyne Podcast, Caulkin said: "Richard Keys kindly furnished us with a timeline of saying it was going to happen on Friday – he’s been wrong before, everybody has been wrong before, and that includes me.
“The one thing that nobody has got right has been a timeline, and there have been timelines from the start.
“I mean, that was said to me again yesterday: ‘we were told up to 30 days’, so that was reported in good faith, but it’s not proved anything like that.”
GIVEMESPORT'S Phil Spencer says...
What a nightmare this is turning into for Newcastle United fans.
A decision was expected weeks ago and the feeling on Tyneside is starting to turn a little bit hostile.
While patience is obviously key during such uncertain times, you can hardly blame the Newcastle United fans for growing restless.
For many, a potential announcement of a full takeover is exactly what they’ve been wishing for several years while enduring a turbulent reign under Mike Ashley.
The Sports Direct owner has been a hugely unpopular figure on Tyneside, and that’s why talk of interest from the Saudi-based consortium is such a hot topic of conversation.
But Newcastle fans must still be cautious.
If anyone knows what it’s like to see their club owned by an unpopular figure, it’s Newcastle United fans.
That’s why they must remain patient – after all, the last thing they want is to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.
- Newcastle United target move for South American wonderkid
- Freddie Woodman could leave permanently
- Saudi expert delivers worrying NUFC takeover update