Leeds United attracting fresh takeover interest amid QSI reports

p1edp31fd2ngq8th1so91u691sk9d.jpg

Leeds United have enjoyed an excellent season.

After promotion to the Premier League was secured, the Whites confirmed their place as league winners with another positive result at the weekend.

That brought an end to a 16-year exile from the top flight, much to the delight of supporters around Elland Road.

With just one game left this term, attention will now turn to the summer transfer market.

Plenty of players will be a linked with a move over the coming weeks and months, but in truth only a handful will be a plausible targets.

But that doesn’t mean that the hard work isn’t being put in behind the scenes.

One major aspect is the topic of investment in the club, with QSI previously linked with a deal to complete a takeover of the club.

p1edp2nftj1hdh1f8b18a7cgr1fee9.jpg

However according to reports from 90min.com, there could be a different name at the helm of Elland Road next term.

It’s claimed that the owner of NFL franchise the San Francisco 49ers is keen on a full takeover.

49ers enterprises already own 10% of the club, and are now favourites to purchase the remaining 90% from majority shareholder Andrea Radrizzani.

It’s claimed that Radrizzani inserted an option for the American moguls to complete a full takeover after they entered a collaborative partnership in May 2018.

Whether a deal comes to fruition this summer remains to be seen, but such a deal could see a huge influx of funds to the Premier League newcomers.

p1edp2pmi5m4fg6sn6b12lj606b.jpg

GIVEMESPORT’S Phil Spencer says…

Promotion to the Premier League is going to open up a world of new opportunities for Leeds United.

As well as competing with the best on the pitch, it means that an opportunity will likely present itself to attract invest from some of the richest in the world.

That would allow the club to kick on and truly challenge to become one of the biggest names in world football.

However there has to be a degree of caution.

It’d be foolish to run before they can walk and that means that for Leeds United it’s crucial to be consistent in their approach to running the club to ensure that things don’t implode in the short-term.

Promotion doesn’t guarantee success, and the focus has to be on getting promoted and then purely consolidating their financial and footballing future next term.

News Now - Sport News