Jadon Sancho won't be joining Man Utd this summer, says Dortmund sporting director

p1efcf7h5q1i8k1u6213e11u5u1jjgi.jpg

For months, it seemed it was just a matter of time before Jadon Sancho joined Manchester United.

Reports suggested that personal terms had been agreed and there was just an issue concerning the fee.

Borussia Dortmund were demanding €110m (£100m) for the 20-year-old - a fee that United were reluctant to pay.

But surely Sancho commands such a fee.

Last season, the Englishman scored 17 goals and registered 17 assists in his 32 Bundesliga appearances.

During the 2018/19 campaign, he scored 12 and, again, notched up 17 assists.

p1efcf0f4g18qa1jggq621r7c89p9.jpg

Two seasons of incredible performances from such a young talent.

If United were to complete a deal for him, they would have an incredible front-line of him, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood to call upon next season.

Now that’s exciting.

However, it now seems that transfer saga is over.

It seemed a matter of time before Sancho would be announced as United’s new No.7 but, according to Dortmund sporting director, Michael Zorc, it simply isn’t happening.

Monday was the deadline the German club set United to get a deal over the line as they travelled to Switzerland for their pre-season camp. Sancho was seen on that flight this morning before Zorc had this to say this afternoon.

“We plan with Jadon Sancho,” he said.

p1efcf1p9r1cvu6c51nhn1h322cuc.jpg

“He’ll play for us next season. The decision is final. It think that answers all of the questions.”

Wow.

Zorc added: "Last summer, we adjusted Jadon's salary to match the development of his performances. So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then.”

Judging by Zorc's comments, United better go and find themselves a new No.7…

News Now - Sport News