Kai Havertz is officially a Chelsea player.
After weeks of waiting, the former Bayer Leverkusen star's move to Stamford Bridge was formally announced yesterday evening.
Havertz is Chelsea's sixth major signing of what could be one of the best transfer windows by any club in the modern era.
Frank Lampard's team will look completely different in 2020/21. Havertz will be joined up top by countryman Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech and Christian Pulisic.
It's a front four that has the potential to be right up there with the very best in Europe and the addition of two of Germany's finest can only be a good thing.
As Gary Lineker once said: "Football is a simple game - 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."
Havertz is now the most expensive German player of all time, with his move to Stamford Bridge reportedly worth €80m - that's €27m more than any other German footballer in history.
Below, we've provided the 25 most expensive players to hail from Germany and you won't be surprised to know that Premier League clubs feature heavily throughout the list.
All data sourced from Transfermarkt.
25. Mario Gotze | Bayern Munich to Borussia Dortmund, 2016/17 | €22m
24. Toni Kroos | Bayern Munich to Real Madrid, 2014/15 | €25m
23. Bernd Leno | Bayer Leverkusen to Arsenal, 2018/19 | €25m
22. Julian Brandt | Bayer Leverkusen to Borussia Dortmund, 2019/20 | €25m
21. Emre Can | Juventus to Borussia Dortmund, 2020/21 | €25m
20. Nico Schulz | Hoffenheim to Borussia Dortmund, 2019/20 | €25.5m
19. Ilkay Gundogan | Borussia Dortmund to Man City, 2016/17 | €27m
18. Mario Gomez | Stuttgart to Bayern Munich, 2009/10 | €30m
17. Manuel Neuer | Schalke to Bayern Munich, 2011/12 | €30m
16. Andre Schurrle | Borussia Dortmund to Wolfsburg, 2016/17 | €30m
15. Mats Hummels | Bayern Munich to Borussia Dortmund, 2019/20 | €30.5m
14. Andre Schurrle | Wolfsburg to Chelsea, 2014/15 | €32m
13. Kerem Demirbay | Hoffenheim to Bayer Leverkusen, 2019/20 | €32m
12. Mats Hummels | Borussia Dortmund to Bayern Munich, 2016/17 | €35m
11. Antonio Rudiger | AS Roma to Chelsea, 2017/18 | €35m
10. Julian Draxler | Wolfsburg to Paris Saint-Germain, 2016/17 | €36m
9. Mario Gotze | Borussia Dortmund to Bayern Munich, 2013/14 | €37m
8. Thilo Keher | Schalke to Paris Saint-Germain, 2018/19 | €37m
7. Shkodran Mustafi | Valencia to Arsenal, 2016/17 | €41m
6. Julian Draxler | Schalke to Wolfsburg, 2015/16 | €43m
5. Mesut Ozil | Real Madrid to Arsenal, 2013/14 | €47m
4. Leroy Sane | Man City to Bayern Munich, 2020/21 | €49m
3. Leroy Sane | Schalke to Man City, 2016/17 | €52m
2. Timo Werner | RB Leipzig to Chelsea, 2020/21 | €53m
1. Kai Havertz | Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea, 2020/21 | €80m
Both Schalke and Dortmund have sold four players a piece of the 25 featured, the joint most by a single club.
Bayern Munich (5), Dortmund (5) and Chelsea (4) are the clubs who have contributed the most towards purchasing the most expensive German footballers in history.
- Chelsea's 20 most expensive signings rated out of 10
- Chelsea’s new front six compared to their Premier League title rivals’
- Who are the Premier League's most valuable clubs?