Nelson Semedo is officially a Wolves player.
The Portuguese right-back has signed a three-year deal with the Premier League club for an initial fee of £27m, which could rise to £37m with the addition of several variables.
It's a signing that has Premier League fans split. On the one hand, Wolves have acquired a high-profile name to replace Matt Doherty and Semedo is still just 26-years-old.
But they've also signed a player who endured a pretty torrid season at Barcelona in 2019/20, most notably in the Blaugrana's 8-2 loss to Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
However, on his day Semedo is a fine footballer and will no doubt feel far more comfortable operating as right-wing back rather than in a back-four.
Come the climax of the 2020/21 season, the initial fee of £27m that Wolves have paid to Barcelona may look like a bargain.
Now, a few years back, a £27m fee for a defender was viewed as extortionate, especially when used to sign a player that is far from world-class.
But in the present day, Semedo's transfer fee makes him only the seventh most expensive full-back in Premier League history.
Mental, right? We'll run you through the top 15 below, with all fees sourced from Transfermarkt.
15. Marcos Alonso to Chelsea | £20.70m
14. Aleksandr Kolarov to Man City | £21.47m
13. Timothy Castagne to Leicester | £21.60m
=11. Davide Zappacosta to Chelsea | £22.50m
=11. Serge Aurier to Tottenham | £22.50m
10. Kieran Tierney to Arsenal | £24.30m
=7. Danilo to Man City | £27.00m
=7. Sergio Reguilon to Tottenham | £27.00m
=7. Nelson Semedo to Wolves | £27.00m
6. Luke Shaw to Man Utd | £31.50m
5. Ben Chilwell to Chelsea | £45.18m
4. Kyle Walker to Man City | £47.43m
3. Aaron Wan-Bissaka to Man Utd | £49.50m
2. Benjamin Mendy to Man City | £51.75m
1. Joao Cancelo to Man City | £58.50m
Premier League clubs just love getting the chequebook out when it comes to acquiring full-backs.
When we add centre-backs to the mix, Semedo is only the 22nd most expensive defender in the history of English football.
Four of those transfers - Cancelo, Aymeric Laporte, Virgil van Dijk and Harry Maguire - cost more than double the initial fee paid for Semedo.
- Wolves' best starting XI can make the Premier League top four
- Who are the Premier League's best players on FIFA 21?
- Who are Chelsea's highest earners for 2020/21?