FIFA 21 hits the shelves in less than two weeks’ time and the stats of the world’s top players were all revealed recently.
Barcelona’s Lionel Messi is the highest-rated player (93) followed by Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo (92), Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski (91), Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne (91) and Paris Saint-German forward Neymar (91).
But who, in EA Sports’ eyes, are the world’s top passers right now?
Well, a list of the top 20 has now emerged, and it’s bound to get fans talking.
Messi, you might be surprised to hear, is no longer top of the pile.
Let’s take a closer look at the top 20…
20. Mesut Ozil | Arsenal (Passing: 85)
He doesn’t play much these days, but EA Sports still rate Ozil as one of the world’s best passers.
19. Thiago Alcantara | Liverpool (Passing: 85)
The Liverpool new boy’s biggest attribute is his magnificent array of passing. If anything, 85 might be a tad too low.
18. Marco Verratti | PSG (Passing: 85)
Verratti, who keeps things ticking over for PSG in the middle of the pitch, has the same passing rating this year as both Ozil and Thiago.
17. Neymar | PSG (Passing: 86)
Neymar isn’t just about fancy flicks and tricks. The Brazilian is also capable of producing magical passes.
16. Joao Moutinho | Wolves (Passing: 86)
Wolves midfielder Moutinho is 34 now but he’s still a wonderful passer of the ball.
15. Joshua Kimmich | Bayern Munich (Passing: 86)
Does Kimmich have any weaknesses? Passing certainly isn’t one of then.
14. Paul Pogba | Manchester United (Passing: 86)
Two Manchester United players make the top 20, including Pogba, whose range of passing is world-class.
13. Luis Alberto | Lazio (Passing: 86)
The former Liverpool player has blossomed into a top attacking midfielder since joining Lazio in 2016.
12. Pedro Leon | Eibar (Passing: 87)
Previously on the books of Real Madrid, 33-year-old Leon is approaching the autumn of his career but remains a baller.
11. Trent Alexander-Arnold | Liverpool (Passing: 87)
Alexander-Arnold will be disappointed to miss out on the top 10. The Liverpool and England winger is an exceptional passer of the ball.
10. Miralem Pjanic | Barcelona (Passing: 87)
Pjanic is about to begin the next chapter of his career at Barcelona after leaving Juventus in the summer and will no doubt provide a few assists for the likes of Messi and Antoine Griezmann this season.
9. Hakim Ziyech | Chelsea (Passing: 88)
One of Chelsea’s top summer signings, Ziyech could potentially make a huge impact in the Premier League this season.
8. Bruno Fernandes | Manchester United (Passing: 88)
One man who has already made a massive impact in England’s top division is Fernandes, United’s talismanic midfielder who arrived from Sporting Lisbon earlier this year.
7. David Silva | Real Sociedad (Passing: 88)
One of the best passers of his generation, Silva brought the curtain down on his illustrious spell with Manchester City in the summer and now plies his trade with Real Sociedad in La Liga.
6. Christian Eriksen | Inter Milan (Passing: 88)
Eriksen is about to begin his first full season as an Inter player after leaving Tottenham in January.
5. Luka Modric | Real Madrid (Passing: 89)
The 2018 Ballon d’Or winner, who recently turned 35, will be remembered as one of the best passers of the current era.
4. Dani Parejo | Villarreal (Passing: 90)
Parejo, 31, recently joined Villarreal following a nine-year spell with Valencia. As well as a top passer, he is also one of the world’s best free-kick takers.
3. Toni Kroos | Real Madrid (Passing: 91)
Like Modric, Kroos is one of the best passers of the past decade and has been worth his weight in gold for Real Madrid.
2. Lionel Messi | Barcelona (Passing: 91)
Arguably the best passer of all time, Messi should surely be 92 minimum for passing this year. No offence to Kroos, but Messi is an even better passer than the German midfielder.
1. Kevin De Bruyne | Manchester City (Passing: 93)
However, in number one spot on this year’s FIFA, it’s De Bruyne. Man City’s Belgian maestro produces world-class passes every time he takes to the pitch and looks set to be incredible on FIFA 21.
- Luis Suarez responds to Lionel Messi's Instagram message
- The day Suarez tried everything to get booked - but failed
- Messi's 20 best teammates ever - Suarez comes first