UFC news: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 2 has been offered, confirms Dana White

p1eji3qab615rsbqm11kjsku1q7v9.jpg

UFC president Dana White has confirmed that a non-title lightweight bout has been offered to Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier after the two 'agreed' to a charity bout for December later this year.

In an interview with Barstool Sports, Dana White has stated that an offer has officially been made to both fighters.

White said: “We offered Dustin (Poirier) and Conor (McGregor) a fight, so we’re waiting to hear back from both of them."

Additional sources reported to ESPN that a contract had been delivered to McGregor and Poirier on Tuesday of this week.

Poirier took to Twitter the next morning, posting: “I accept."

McGregor openly offered Poirier a rematch outside of the UFC – for charity – on social media, following their known displeasure of the company’s bookings and negotiations.

Earlier this week, McGregor took to social media to respond to White’s claims that he had turned down fights.

The Irishman displayed private messages that revealed a conversation showing McGregor’s interest in a potential fight with Diego Sanchez.

Meanwhile, it was reported that Poirier declined an opportunity to fight Tony Ferguson at UFC 254, claiming that he and the promotion “didn’t come to terms."

However, it looks like White and UFC have acted quickly, offering the rematch to be inside the Octagon.

The first fight, back in 2014, was at UFC 178 in Las Vegas. The Notorious One was victorious in the first round of the fight via TKO.

Since then, both fighters have moved up from the featherweight division to lightweight – the weight class White says they will fight at.

Both fighters won their last bouts in the Octagon, with McGregor defeating Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in 40 seconds of the first round, whilst Poirier defeated New Zealand’s Dan Hooker in June via decision.

News Now - Sport News