Back in October 2018, Conor McGregor was defeated by Khabib Nurmagomedov as the Russian fighter retained his UFC lightweight title.
As rumours continue to circulate over a potential rematch, the Irishman took to Twitter earlier this week to assess the fight, as well as reply to various users that claimed he was “mauled” by Khabib.
In a series of replies, McGregor said: "Round 1's mine. Out struck 3-1. Elbow, knees, clatters! He held on.
"I won round one. Out struck him three to one here
"Elbows, knees, clatters. He held on entire round. Round two he won.
"This round had the kimura attempt you speak of.
"I kneed him full force into his eye socket here and broke the grip fully. A lovely shot!
"I won three also and four up until the trip.
"Two is his but I land multiple knees. One from standing after the overhand, and one from bottom into the eye socket at kimura attempt.
"Not a scratch end of round also. I won round three, and four until the trip."
When looking at the actual figures from the fight, Khabib outscored McGregor 70-59 in terms of significant hits, while also scoring three takedowns and one knockdown. This all led to a rear-naked choke by Khabib in the fourth round and ultimately, McGregor’s submission.
A rematch between the two superstars is very much on the cards, especially given that Khabib told the Mike Swick podcast that a rematch with the Irishman totally “makes sense” if McGregor beats Dustin Poirier.
McGregor potentially takes on Poirier on January 23, 2021, in what would be his first bout since 'retiring' for the third time.
Khabib is back in action this weekend in the highly anticipated clash with Justin Gaethje at UFC 254.News Now - Sport News