Manchester United striker target Francesco Grandolfo has alerted clubs across Europe with a hat-trick on full debut for Bari.
The 18-year-old struck three times in the 4-0 victory against Bologna, having only made two substitute appearances before Sunday's start.
Both Manchester United and AC Milan have been tracking the player, according to Football Italia, and Grandolfo admitted the past weekend has been a momentous moment in his career.
“I couldn’t sleep on Sunday night, as the emotions were just too much for me,” he told Il Giorno newspaper.
“After the first goal I immediately went to embrace the Coach, as without his help I never could’ve had this experience.”
Previously valued in the region of €200,000, agent Giuseppe Bozzo believes Manchester United would now have to pay more for his services, and that other clubs across Italy may start to take an interest after searching for talent elsewhere.
“A few weeks ago he only cost €200,000, but many of the Serie A directors ignored him and preferred to seek talent in Brazil,” said Bozzo.
The Bari forward also admitted he's eager to follow in the footsteps of a legend, and another player who has previously been linked with a move to Old Trafford and Manchester United in the past.
“I hope to follow some of Cassano’s footsteps,” Grandolfo concluded.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms