Bournemouth have dismissed claims from Peterborough that they have accepted a bid for Jason Pearce.
Posh tabled an offer believed to be in the region of £500,000 for the influential centre-back, an offer which the London Road club confirmed had been accepted.
United's director of football Barry Fry had earlier told the Peterborough Evening Telegraph: "Bournemouth have accepted our offer for Pearce and I'm waiting to talk to the player."
But a Cherries spokesman told Press Association Sport on Friday afternoon that the bid received has not in fact been accepted.
Whether a deal can be agreed remains to be seen but Pearce himself is understood to currently be on holiday, meaning personal terms on any proposed agreement would not be able to take place any time soon.
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms