United winger target deal is '80% done' – agent

Published Add your comment

Football News

Manchester United target Alexis Sanchez is on the verge of a summer switch to Barcelona according to the player's agent.

The 22-year-old Udinese winger has been heavily linked with the Catalan club in recent weeks, but with reported interest from United and neighbours City the South American starlets future has been in doubt.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson has made a wide midfielder a priority signing at Old Trafford this summer, and was highly anticipated to complete a deal for England international Ashley Young.

But with that move failing to materialise, reports suggested that Manchester United had instead turned their attention to the highly rated Chilean international.

However latest developments indicate that Barcelona have beaten the Red Devils to Sanchez's signature, when his representative Quique Pina revealed:


"Right now Barcelona just have to iron out a few details, but it's practically done," he said. "It's 80% done and the other 20% is what's to be ironed out."

Pina intimated the fee will be around €45million, although that is likely to also include Barcelona's Spanish U21 forward Jeffren Suarez heading in the opposite direction.

"It's a figure close to €45m, which is an initial value, including a player and other variables," he concluded.

Having lost out to Barcelona in the recent Champions League final encounter at Wembley, this move will be another bitter pill for Manchester United fans to swallow as Ferguson and Co. strive to bridge the gap between themselves and their Spanish counterparts.

While the Sanchez deal will inevitably strengthen the current La Liga champions further, United will undoubtedly have their sights set on alternative targets with a view to completing more business at Old Trafford ahead of the new season.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE:

Manchester City
Premier League
Manchester United

Article Comments

Read more

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again