Roberto Mancini expects Manchester City to lodge a bid for Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero in the next few days despite Carlos Tevez's exit dragging on.
After City's 2-1 friendly win over the Vancouver Whitecaps it was not long before post-match discussion turned to Tevez's on-off move to Brazilian outfit Corinthians, who earlier in the day denied having a £40million bid accepted for the 27-year-old.
"I slept Monday night and I had a game to prepare for Tuesday so I don't know any more. The clubs are talking. They only have one number and it does not work at the moment," said Mancini.
Clearly though, Mancini is planning for life without his skipper, having confirmed a bid is expected to be lodged for Aguero in the next couple of days.
"Maybe in the next days," he said.
"I have not spoken to anyone about it, but probably. I think so."
Midfielder Gareth Barry admitted there has been some dressing room discussion about Tevez, and that he does believe the South American has played his final game for City. However, the England star was not prepared to downplay his input.
"There has obviously been the odd chat about Carlos," revealed Barry.
"He has made it clear he is ready to leave and the players will respect his decision. It is down to the club to decide what fee they want for Carlos. We would be sad to lose him because he is a class player who has worked really hard for the club.
"If you believe what you read, then yes, he has played his last game. But he has been great for Manchester City. He has helped the club win its first trophy and he has always given 100%. We are grateful for that."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms