Fortnite 16.40 has arrived as Epic Games brings us the latest regarding their successful battle royale franchise.
Fans have been speculating for many weeks what the summer-themed item will be this year. Many believe that Katniss Everdeen from the movie trilogy The Hunger Games is going to be included.
The Batman collaboration is also set to continue with a significant update being added to the game, as players will have the opportunity to play and read the Zero Point comic with Epic looking to mix the two together for some more exclusive content.
Fortnite is well into Chapter 2 and with Season 7 just under a month away from release, there is even more to get excited about as Epic Games refuse to rest on their laurels with their free-to-play third-person shooter.
Here is everything you need to know about Fortnite 16.40 update:
Each console, depending on whether it is next-generation or not, will differ. Although the install size will be roughly between 1-3GB
- PlayStation 5: 2.2GB
- Xbox Series X: 2.5GB
- PC: 1.37GB
- Nintendo Switch: 2.4GB
- PS4: 3GB
- Xbox One: 2.5GB
- Android: 1GB
Here are the official list of patch notes released by Epic Games:
- Line ‘em up and knock ‘em down with the Exotic Marksman Six Shooter
- New summer-themed additions in Creative
- Catch a win in the next Wild Week starting May 13
- As part of this update, we’ll be vaulting the Exotic shotgun The Dub
- Visual issues on Toon Meowscles and similarly-styled Outfits on certain platforms.
- We are aware of visual issues with the Toon Meowscles and similarly-styled Outfits on the PC Performance Mode alpha, Nintendo Switch, and Android.
- Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
- When playing Fortnite, players cannot create system-level parties that include players on both PS5 and PS4.
- Trail colour of the Harmonic Axes Pickaxe doesn't always match the selected Style.
- The trail colour when swinging the Harmonic Axes Pickaxe doesn't always match the selected Pickaxe Style.
- Landing at a different location than intended.
- Players will rarely find themselves dropped at a different location than where they were gliding towards after jumping out of the Battle Bus.
- Long-pressing the Inventory Button selects first Craftable item.
- When long-pressing the Inventory button to pull up the Crafting tab, players may sometimes see their first Craftable item selected instead of their equipped item if they have multiple craftable Items in their Inventory.
- "Hunt Wildlife" Quest not tracking progress properly.
- The "Hunt Wildlife" Quest is currently not tracking progress properly.
- HUD displaying incorrect memory cost before placing device or Gallery.
- Before placing a Device or Gallery, the pre-placement HUD displays the incorrect memory cost.
- Build not properly editing when building/editing fast in Creative.
- Rapidly editing / triple editing builds will sometimes not properly edit the selected piece in Creative Mode.
- Prop-O-Matic features not functioning correctly.
- We're investigating an issue that is causing the Prop-O-Matic features to not function correctly.
- "Recent Islands" list does not update.
- We're investigating an issue where the "Recent Islands" list does not update after entering an Island.
- Small white boxes appears on Consumable thumbnails.
- We're investigating an issue that is causing small white boxes appears on Consumable thumbnails.
And for Mobile...
- Players cannot change their custom controller settings while playing Nintendo Switch in docked mode.
- In docked mode, players are shown a 'Keep These Video Settings?' message and are unable to change their custom controls.
You can find all of the latest Esports and Gaming News right here at GiveMeSport.News Now - Sport News