Arsenal have reportedly joined Tottenham in the hunt for FC Twente forward Bryan Ruiz.
According to Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, the north London rivals are set to contest each other for the €15 million-rated Costa Rica international, who scored nine goals in the Eredivisie last season.
Earlier this week, Ruiz credited Spurs with a genuine interest in his signature, although Twente have since claimed they have yet to receive a formal approach.
"We still have heard nothing from Tottenham themselves," chairman Joop Munsterman told Voetbal International.
"However, we have heard from his representative that there is some interest."
It remains unclear whether or not Spurs will formalise their interest in the 25-year-old, although Harry Redknapp is known to be keen to bring forward reinforcements to White Hart Lane before the close of the transfer window.
Reports on Wednesday suggest Spurs are targeting Porto striker Hulk, while Redknapp is also monitoring the progress of Emmanuel Adebayor.
Arsenal, meanwhile, are more intent on signing defensive reinforcements after the acquisitions of Gervinho and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The Gunners have already seen an offer rejected for Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka, while Birmingham's Scott Dann is also said to be on Arsene Wenger's radar.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms