One of the summer's longest running transfer sagas appears finally at an end, with Roberto Mancini revealing that Carlos Tevez is expected to stay at Manchester City
The Argentine striker, who top scored for City last season with 24 goals, has on two occasions stated his intention to leave the club, despite helping them qualify for the Champions League and lift the FA Cup.
But City's Italian boss says that after moves to Inter MIlan and Corinthians broke down earlier this summer, Tevez is now likely to stay at the Etihad Stadium.
"It is two weeks until the end of the market," Mancini said. "I think it is difficult for him to leave.
"I don't know if he will stay but at the moment, there isn't a team who want to take him.
"I would be happy if he stays."
Tevez only returned to training on Monday, after his exploits in the Copa America with Argentina, meaning the player is far from full fitness, and Mancini admits that while he's still the club's captain, he's unlikely to be available for City's opening Barclays Premier League game against newly promoted Swansea City.
On the captaincy, Mancini said: "At the moment this is not important. It is important that Carlos is here and working with the team. Afterwards we will decide this.
"He has worked very well and is here. I think for Monday it is difficult, but for the next game he will be available."
Mancini confirmed that the club are still looking to add to their squad ahead of the closing of the transfer window, and that a deal to bring Samir Nasri to the club is close to completion.
"I think the club is still working on this. Probably it is not easy, but I don't know," he concluded.
"It is important we complete our team in the next days or the next week, because the first games in the Premier League are really important and we play three games before they close the market."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms