The racing game will be part of the very popular franchise and developers Polyphony Digital have been making Gran Turismo games since 1997.
Gran Turismo 7 will be the eighth main instalment in the franchise and no doubt excitement is slowly building for the game.
Hopefully, the upcoming game will live up to the hype and expectations to give fans a great racing experience.
Here is everything you need to know about Gran Turismo 7:
UPDATE 15th January 2022: Check out the new gameplay footage of the Daytona International Speedway:
UPDATE 20th December 2021: A Japanese Gran Turismo 7 pamphlet confirms that there will be over 90 tracks in the game.
The same pamphlet also confirmed that the following areas will be available in the single-player career progression:
- A shopping mall in which over 60 automobile brands assemble. You can purchase over 300 post-2011 cars here.
Used Cars Dealer
- The cars which have been discontinued for a long time are lined up here. The Japanese historic cars from the ’80s and ’90s are also available. The lineup would be updated every day.
- Your base of the car life. Up to 1000 cars can be stored and you can gaze at and set up your car.
- Engine, tire, brake, suspension etc…a huge amount of tuning parts are available. You can also purchase the supercharger, turbocharger, weight reduction and rigidity increase.
- Dress up your car here. Over 130 wheels and over 600 aero parts are lined up. Oil change, car wash, painting and livery editing are also available.
- Over 2500 photo locations in 40 countries all over the world. Place your car in a beautiful scene and take realistic HDR photographs.
- Learn the driving technique from scratch. You can learn from basic techniques to different drivings for each car and course.
- 0-400m Battle, Drifting, Max Speed Challenge, “Music Rally” which you can race to music etc… You can experience unique events that is different from ordinary racing.
- World circuits such as Le Mans and Nürburgring, beloved fictional circuits such as Trail Mountain… Over 90 layouts are in this game.
UPDATE 25th November: It has been revealed by NME that the Official ‘Gran Turismo 7’ full steering wheel kit will cost you £1000.
UPDATE 27th October: Polyphony Digitial CEO Kazunori Yamauchi continued from where he left off below and revealed that there will be over 400 cars in GT7.
UPDATE 21st October: Polyphony Digitial CEO Kazunori Yamauchi spoke passionately about cars and explained exactly what is new in GT7.
UPDATE 29th September: Sony is expected to be adding an array of circuits to the seventh mainline installation of their virtual driving sim.
UPDATE 22nd September: Sony has announced details for gamers that are looking to secure their copy of the 'Real Driving Simulator' early.
UPDATE August 6th: With the beta having been recently leaked, gamers have been speculating when it will be released across the globe for them to try.
UPDATE August 4th: Many players have already been speculating how much Gran Turismo 7 will be.
Read more: Gran Turismo 7: What will the price be?
Gran Turismo is scheduled for release on 4th March 2022.
Read more: Gran Turismo 7: What is the release date?
Details around the beta have been quite minimal, but when we find out more official information, we will provide you with all the details right here.
There has been a possible leak that has surfaced around the beta. The official PlayStation website seems to have confirmed that there will be a Gran Turismo 7 Beta Test. Players have been invited to complete a simple task to get access.
You are able to get a code right now, but it doesn’t work and it seems like Playstation have accidentally revealed this beta test to the public.
The steps you have to do are:
- Head into the Experience PlayStation portion of the official website.
- Select ‘Start Quest’ and then ‘Related Campaigns’ before picking ‘Italia Quest’.
- The ‘Gran Turismo Beta (Test)’ quest is one of four quests therein.
- Watch the original Gran Turismo 7 launch demo to ‘unlock the Beta code early’
Although we will not know all the cars available in the upcoming game, we do have some confirmed cars coming to the game.
Here is the cars we know so far:
- Acura NSX
- Acura NSX GT3
- Aston Martin DB11
- Aston Martin DBR9
- BAC Mono
- Chevrolet C2 Corvette
- Chevrolet C3 Corvette
- Chevrolet C7 R
- Dodge Viper/GTS
- Dodge Viper GT3
- Ford GT40
- Ford GT
- Jaguar E-Type
- Lamborghini Murcielago
- Lamborghini Diablo
- Mazda RX-Vision GT3
- Porsche 917
- Porsche Carrera GT
- Porsche 996 GT1
- Subaru WRX GT3
- Toyota Supra GT3
For those wondering, the game will be available for PC players. However, it is not exactly what you think as Gran Turismo is exclusive to PlayStation, so there won’t be official versions of the game exclusively for PC.
However, you can download Playstation games and play through your PC. The way to do it is via remote play. What you have to do is set up remote play in your settings. When you have done this you’ll be able to play your PlayStation titles on your PC.
As stated before, Gran Turismo 7 is a Playstation exclusive, and sadly this means that Xbox gamers will not be able to play the game.
You can find all of the latest gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.News Now - Sport News