After fans have requested that Valorant Agent Jett get elements of the character nerfed, Riot Games has finally confirmed that they’re implementing some changes.
The dominating Agent in the meta has some nerfs that will be
Here are the changes that Riot confirmed as part of Patch 3.06 for Jett:
Cloudburst Charges reduced 3 >>> 2
- Our feeling here is that Jett has one too many smokes, and it’s contributed to a sense that she could get away with using them at any time, have more to spare, or spam them without much thought.
- The reduced charges for her smoke should hopefully make the choice on whether to smoke a choke point, smoke a path for a dash, or make a one-way, a more tactical one.
Bladestorm Right-click/Alternate Fire kills no longer recharge Jett’s kunai
- By removing the recharge, we hope Jett mains will optimize for the single kunai kills in order to keep the Bladestorm going and really play into the high precision fantasy Jett is all about.
- We want to incentivize the high skill primary fire kills while still allowing the low-risk-low-reward burst fire option.
- Fire damage changes are reverted, damage and multipliers will mirror the left-click
- We’ve seen Jett’s right-click be very unpredictable and feel that it’s confusing to have different damage rules than the left-click. This change should unify how both modes of fire work and provide a little more predictability if Jett decides to go for the single kill as opposed to chaining.
Fans react to Jett changes
Although fans have been asking for changes to the Agent for some time, it appears as though these new nerfs to Jett are welcomed, but perhaps not enough.
One user on the Valorant Competitive Subreddit noted that there is still an issue with her Dash. They said: “Glad they nerfed Jett but they didn't tackle the real issue.
“9 out of 10 times she gets her knife kills from long-range duels, not from right clicks. Not to mention the biggest issue that is her dash.”
Another Redditor would point out that making a huge change might be too much for the meta right now. They said: The right-click change seems really strange.
"Maybe they feel that changing the parts of Jett that make her a good OP agent are too drastic a change to the meta for now, but they want to do something to make her not quite as insane as an entry.”
You can find all of the latest gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.News Now - Sport News