As we approach the release of the highly-anticipated, yearly instalment of the new FIFA, EA have revealed players ratings, as well as their highest attributes, prior to the game’s release.
FIFA player ratings are always a good topic of debate amongst fans, whether it be their favourite player has dropped below last year’s rating, or their young “starboy” isn’t as high as they would have hoped.
The ratings are also telling of which players, or “cards”, will prove most useful in your Ultimate Team, and EA have revealed the top 15 passers of the game that will be key to your starting 11 this season.
However, what could be deemed a surprise is the fact that Manchester United new boy Cristiano Ronaldo is nowhere to be seen, but his long-term rival Lionel Messi is sitting comfortably in third place.
Here's how the top 15 look on this year's game:
15. Joshua Kimmich, CDM - Bayern Munich (86)
14. Thiago Alcantara, CM - Liverpool (86)
13. Paul Pogba, CM - Manchester United (86)
12. Jorginho, CM - Chelsea (86)
11. David Silva, CAM - Real Sociedad (87)
10. Hakim Ziyech, RW - Chelsea (87)
9. Marco Verratti, CM - Paris Saint-Germain (87)
8. Luis Alberto, CAM - Latium (87)
7. Trent Alexander-Arnold, RB - Liverpool (88)
6. Bruno Fernandes, CAM - Manchester United (89)
5. Luka Modric, CM - Real Madrid (89)
4. Parejo, CM - Villarreal CF - (90)
3. Lionel Messi, RW - Paris Saint-Germain (91)
2. Toni Kroos, CM - Real Madrid (91)
1. Kevin De Bruyne, CM - Manchester City (93)
Unsurprisingly, De Bruyne tops the ranks as the best passer for the fourth year running, holding the top spot firmly since Andrea Pirlo’s card on FIFA 18.
Whilst Neymar is not seen listed in the top 15 released by EA, it is believed his card will have a passing rating of 86, putting him on the same level as James Rodriguez, James Ward-Prowse, Leon and Youri Tielemans.
Miralem Pjanic, Joao Moutinho and Mesut Ozil are a few of the stars omitted from the rankings after being included last year - likely due to the quiet season each player had for club and country, leaving space for Jorginho to enter the top 12 after an incredible season with Chelsea and Italy.
His accomplishments in the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and EUROs saw him crowned the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year.
The FIFA 22 release dates are as follows:
- EA Play early access: Wednesday, September 22
- EA Play Pro early access: Wednesday, September 22
- Ultimate Edition: Monday, September 27
- Standard Edition: Friday, October 1