Carlos Cuellar is set to play his first 90 minutes for seven months as he continues his recovery from knee surgery, and Aston Villa assistant Peter Grant has praised the defender's attitude throughout his battle to regain fitness.
The Spanish stopper has not featured for the first-team since April, but is hoping to follow up his 45 minutes for the reserves against Chelsea last week, with a full run-out against Wolves on Tuesday night.
"We are obviously delighted that Carlos is back and available," Grant told the club's official website."He had been training really hard.
"There is nothing worse than when you've been training yourself than not having a reserve game to play in when you feel the time is right."
The former Rangers man played a pivotal part in Villa's defence last season under the stewardship of Gerard Houllier until injury cut short his campaign.
Grant is now hoping that the 30-year-old can rediscover the form that made him a fans' favourite at Villa Park, and says the hard work he has put in during his rehabilitation period should stand him in good stead to achieve that.
"He has put a lot of work into his rehabilitation with the physios and the doctor," he added.
"It is easy putting that in but you need to have someone who is responsive to it and he has been fantastic."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms