WWE headed to Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio for Extreme Rules tonight, its first pay-per-view event since SummerSlam last month.
Tonight's show was rather subdued, especially as Extreme Rules pay-per-view events go, with only one of the matches (Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor) having a gimmick attached before the show.
However, with the show taking place just a few days before the WWE Draft kicks off on October 1 next week, the prospect of a few surprise finishes gave the show a certain level of excitement.
An impromptu match took place on the show, with Big E teaming with his New Day stablemates to take on Bobby Lashley, AJ Styles and Omos in six-man tag team action.
The show also saw Finn Balor wrestle as 'The Demon' for the first time since he retained his Intercontinental Championship over Andrade at Super ShowDown in 2019.
Speaking of Finn Balor, as expected, WWE had the former NXT Champion main event the show tonight in an Extreme Rules match alongside Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
Below are all the results for the show, in case you didn't match to catch what went down:
- Liv Morgan def. Carmella (kickoff show)
- New Day def. Bobby Lashley, AJ Styles and Omos.
- Roman Reigns def. 'The Demon' Finn Balor to RETAIN the Universal Championship.
- The Usos def. Street Profits to RETAIN the SmackDown Tag Team Championship.
- Charlotte Flair def. Alexa Bliss to RETAIN the Raw Women's Championship
- Bianca Belair def. Becky Lynch via DQ through Sasha Banks interference - Lynch RETAINS the SmackDown Women's Championship
- Roman Reigns def. Finn Balor to RETAIN Universal Championship
If you didn't manage to catch the show tonight, you can watch the event in its entirety, including the kickoff show, right now on-demand on the WWE Network.
You can watch the fallout to Extreme Rules on Monday Night Raw tomorrow night and on Friday Night SmackDown next week live over here in the UK on BT Sport.News Now - Sport News